My name is Dave Clark and I am a writer. It is not just what I do, but who I am. I left my home in Jackson, Michigan, when I was 17 and followed the song to Nashville, Tennessee. I wouldn’t wish those early years on anyone, but I am richer for the lessons time has taught me.
I have been married for nearly 35 years to the only math teacher I’ve ever had a crush on. Cindi and I met on a blind date, and I bought the ring two weeks later. Our home has known the laughter of three amazing children. Allison, Anna and Sam each bring a unique passion for life and are champions for Christ.
My most unlikely accomplishment is that nearly 30 years after graduating from high school, I enrolled as a first-time freshman at Nazarene Bible College and graduated Delta Epsilon Chi and ABHE Honor Society with a Bachelors Degree in Ministry.
In addition to writing words, my hobbies include editing video, playing any instrument with strings and standing in line for whatever Apple sells.
- Creative Director for Lillenas Publishing, a Kansas City-based Christian music company.
- Songwriting credits for songs recorded by artists including Rascal Flatts, Larnelle Harris, Sandi Patty, Steve Green, 4HIM, Al Denson, Point of Grace, Phillips, Craig & Dean, Glen Campbell, Donny Osmond, CeCe Winans, Michael Crawford, The Martins, and many others.
- Producer of numerous records including two Grammy-nominated projects for J.D. Sumner and the Stamps Quartet and producer of the “Get the Truth” recording for the American Bible Society.
- One of three songwriters commissioned to set the concepts of Henry Blackaby’s “Experiencing God” to music for an artist recording on Starsong Records.
- Author of Worship Where You’re Planted and Living in the Power of My Weakness from Beacon Hill Press.
- Author of more than 50 Christmas and Easter musicals performed each year in churches across the country.
- Co-writer of the Christmas song “Strange Way to Save the World,” which has been recorded by dozens of artists including Michael Crawford and Rascal Flatts.
- Awarded ASCAP’s Living Legacy Award in 2009 in honor of 25 #1 songs on the Christian Music Charts.
- Has enjoyed at least one #1 song in four consecutive decades.
- Dove Award winner
The Father Hath Provided – Larnelle Harris – 1987
I Can Begin Again – Larnelle Harris – 1989
Didn’t You Know – Larnelle Harris – 1991
Couldn’t We Stand – 4HIM – 1991
Be the One – Al Denson – 1991
Everything You Are – Larnelle Harris – 1991
Best of Friends – Sandy Patti – 1992
To Forgive – Al Denson – 1992
Why – 4HIM – 1992
Generation to Generation – Benson Artists – 1992
There Stands the Cost – Larnelle Harris – 1993
For Future Generations – 4HIM – 1994
Real Thing – 4HIM – 1995
Mercy Came Running – Phillips, Craig & Dean – 1996
Crucified With Christ – Phillips, Craig & Dean – 1996
As Long As My Heart Know It’s You – 4HIM – 1996
Living on a Ring and A Prayer – Wilcox & Pardoe – 1996
Land of Mercy – 4HIM – 1996
This is How it Feels to Be Free – Phillips, Craig & Dean
Mercy Said No – Greg Long – 1998
Marks of the Mission – Charles Billingsley – 2000
I’ve Got You Covered – Phillips, Craig & Dean – 2000
My Praise – Phillips, Craig & Dean – 2003
Life To the Living – Allen Asbury – 2005
One True God – Mark Harris – 2009
Pray Now – Karen Peck – 2015